Interested in working at the NC State Entrepreneurship Garage as a Technical Assistant? We have the perfect position for you!
To Apply: Apply through ePACK.
Search for ‘Entrepreneurship Garage Technical Assistant’ ID: 123325
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the position or help us spread the word by sharing this post with someone who may be interested. More details below.
Department: NC State Entrepreneurship / Entrepreneurs Garage
Supervisor: Garage Lead Technician
Student Worker Information: Technical Support role for Entrepreneurship Garage
Summary Job Function: The Entrepreneurship Garage is an extension of NC State Entrepreneurship. It exists to allow our students to explore, develop and materialize their entrepreneurial endeavors.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical background. They will bring an outgoing networking personality that focuses on engaging the students in our space and assisting with their projects and ideas. This student should be interested in learning more about technical education, business, manufacturing processes, as well as event planning, course/curriculum development and have a genuine interest in making the Garage a better place for our members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Staff Duties (60%)
- Clean, maintain, and organize the space and any equipment that you are trained to maintain. (30%)
- Assist members with equipment and prototyping needs (10%)
- Assist Garage Staff with events (10%)
- Assist staff with any available tasks or projects as directed (10%)
Student Duties (40%)
- Conduct beginner equipment training as needed and directed by the lead technician (20%)
- Be a familiar face around the Garage, constantly engaging our members through our designated channels as well as in person (20%)
Qualifications for the position
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Involvement in entrepreneurship activities/education at NC State
- Past experience in teaching/instruction in a related discipline.
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D software applications supporting rapid prototyping/manufacturing.
- Experience with shop equipment and tools including: Hand tools, Power tools, Drill Press, Scroll Saw, Disc Sander, etc…
- Experience with and understanding of Rapid Prototyping equipment including: 3D printers and Laser cutters and CNC.
- This Student worker position is a 10-hour per week position.
- This position will receive compensation of $10 per hour.
- One year position (fall and spring semester).
- Student workers are eligible to re-apply to this position.
Notes: In general, US students are allowed to work up to 40 hours per week without approval in the summer. International students can work 40 hours per week only if they are not registered for classes. If registered, they are then restricted to 20 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date: August 10, 2020