NC State Ranks Top 20 in Best Colleges for Entrepreneurs
NC State has been ranked by The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine as a “Top 25 Best Undergrad Programs for Entrepreneurs in 2018,” coming in at no. 19 on the list.
The ranking was based on a Princeton Review survey of over 300 universities. More than 40 data points were analyzed, with topics including: the percentage of faculty, students, alumni actively and successfully involved in entrepreneurial endeavors, the number and reach of mentorship programs, scholarships and grants for entrepreneurial studies, and the level of support for school-sponsored business plan competitions.
NC State Highlights:
- 59 percent of faculty have entrepreneurial experience
- 66 startups launched by grads in the last 5 years
- $222,546,500 in funding raised by grads in the last 5 years
- 28 entrepreneurship-related courses
- 1,434 students currently enrolled in entrepreneurship classes
This is NC State’s first year on the list. The ranking will be featured in the December issue of Entrepreneur magazine, available on Nov. 28.