Fall 2020 – Entrepreneurship Garage Member Policy Updates
We hope you had a recharging summer break! As we work toward a fall return on August 10, 2020, this article presents protocols and guidelines to help promote a safe and supportive environment at the Entrepreneurship Garage. We ask all the returning students, staff, faculty members and friends to please abide by the following guidelines:
Protect the Pack
Know the symptoms and stay home if you are experiencing them
- Symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, chills, loss of taste or smell, fever, sore throat.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance from others
Masks are mandatory
- A Mask should be worn at all times when in the Garage and prototyping space – masks should cover both your mouth and nose.
Sanitation stations strategically placed throughout the Garage
- We are improving our sanitation practices and cleaning the space frequently, prioritizing the cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
Do Your Part
- Sanitizing spray and wipes are provided in the Prototyping space, do your part by wiping down all equipment after us.
Changes to the Garage and Classroom
Modified face-to-face interactions
- Office doors will remain closed to align with social distancing policies, but we are available to assist you! Please follow posted guidelines in Garage before seeking assistance from Garage staff.
- Furniture and classroom seating has been modified to accommodate for social distancing.
Dedicated entry and exit locations
- Follow posted signs for entry and exit access to the Garage and Garage classroom
Changes to the Garage Prototyping Space
- The Prototyping Space will Reopen Aug. 17, 2020
New Prototyping Space hours of operation
- We’re implementing new hours of operation starting Oct. 19.
Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- You must be a member and have completed ‘Safety Training’ to gain access to the Prototyping Space
- Reserve a ‘Zone’ through Coworks BEFORE Entering the Prototyping Space
- 24 Hour Advance Zone Reservation through Coworks is Required
- 1 Person Allowed Per Zone – No one is allowed in the Prototyping Space without their own Zone Reservation
- 4 Hour Max Reservation per Zone
- 1 Zone Reservation per Day
New equipment zones
- Equipment and tools in the Prototyping space have been reconfigured into physical zones. Before entering the Prototyping space you must reserve a ‘zone’ through the Coworks app. Access to certain zones (Laser, 3D Printers, ShopBot) requires prior equipment certification.
- Zones (see Coworks for detailed information)
- 3D Printer Zone 1
- 3D Printer Zone 2
- Laser Cutter Zone
- Electronics Zone
- Textiles Zone
- General Zone (Electronics, Tools, etc..)
- Wood Shop Zone
Safety and Sanitization
- Sanitize hands before entering the Prototyping Space
- Stay in your Zone unless exiting the Space
- Sanitize Tools and Equipment with Supplied Cleaning Materials after use
- No Guests
- Rental Equipment will not be available during the fall semester
- Certification training to gain access to 3D and laser equipment remains available through our online Moodle course. (visit your Wolfware projects page to see the “Entrepreneurship Garage” moodle).
Reservation cancelation policy
- If you are unable to keep your Zone reservation, please cancel at least 24hrs prior to the start time through the Coworks app. Failure to do so can result in temporary reservation lockouts.
Contact us via email at email@example.com